1 medium onion diced
1/2 cup diced leek
1/3 – 1/2 head of cauliflower
Parsley; finely diced for garnish
1. Place diced onions in a pot with water enough to cover onions by an inch.
2. Add a tiny pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium flame, Continue to
cook onions for several minutes or until they become translucent.
3. Add leeks, cauliflower and additional water to cover vegetables by
approximately 1 to 2 inches.
4. Add an additional generous pinch of sea salt, cover and bring to a boil on a
medium to medium-high flame.
5. When water begins to boil, reduce the flame and simmer on medium-low for
approximately 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Using a hand food mill, puree all the ingredients.
7. Return the pureed vegetables to the pot.
8. Season with a few drops of shoyu and simmer 5 7 minutes on a medium-low
9. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or scallion.
The consistency of this soup may be adjusted by the amount of vegetables and
water. If soup becomes too thick, add additional water until desired
consistency is reached.