Counseling Services with Denny Waxman
Skype Consultations FAQ1. Why choose Skype counseling?
I have many clients who live on the West Coast or outside of the United States. When this is the case, it can be difficult for them to come to the east coast for counseling. Skype permits us to meet face-to-face when it is not possible to meet in person.
2. What are the technological requirements for Skype counseling?
A Skype account, a reliable internet connection, and a good quality webcam and speakers.
Macrobiotic Health Consultations FAQ
1. What is a consultation?A consultation is a one hour face-to-face meeting with Denny in which you receive personalized health, lifestyle, and dietary guidance. One of Denny’s assistants will be present to record the recommendations made so you can fully concentrate on what is being said and freely ask questions. Denny offers appointments for consultations in two settings: his home office in Philadelphia and on designated days once a month, in New York City. If you are unable to meet Denny in Philadelphia or New York he will refer you to faculty and graduates of the Strengthening Health Institute closer to your home.
2. Walk me through a “typical” macrobiotic health consultation, what can I expect?
In advance of the consultation you will be asked to complete a brief health assessment form. On this form there will be questions regarding your current health history, dietary and lifestyle practices, why you are seeking a consultation at this time, and so forth. This information helps you and Denny begin the consultation with a clear, common understanding of your current health status and the needs you want addressed.
At the beginning of the consultation Denny or his assistant will greet you and take a photo of your face. During macrobiotic consultations, oriental facial diagnosis is utilized to help understand a person’s health condition. Photos enable both you and Denny to track your progress over time – you’ll be amazed at the information your face provides about your health and how your face visibly changes as your health improves!
Denny will start the consultation by reviewing your health needs assessment form and talking with you about why you came for a consultation today. He will then assess your current health condition using oriental diagnosis by looking at your face, your hands, and feet. Through these techniques Denny can develop a clear picture of the current status of your health.
Denny will then provide you with a personalized health improvement plan. Denny will use a health consultation booklet containing the most important information about macrobiotics such as key lifestyle practices to follow on a daily basis to improve health, recommended foods, recipes, home remedies, and so forth. This booklet will serve as your guide to help you follow his recommendations at home. In addition, Denny’s assistant will record his recommendations for you on clear, easy to follow forms which you will also take home.
If a follow-up appointment is required, Denny will discuss this with you at the end of the consultation and, if you wish, another appointment may be scheduled at that time. Should you have questions after you leave, please call Denny’s office directly.
3. What type of information will I receive to take home with me?At each consultation you will receive:
• A detailed, 45 page health consultation booklet. Denny will walk through this booklet with you during the consultation and makes notes in sections that are particularly relevant to you. This booklet will be your most important resource when you go home and begin to implement your recommendations! The booklet contains a wealth of information including; key lifestyle practices that support strong health for everyone, recipes for important dishes and home remedies, a summary of the overall macrobiotic approach to eating and much, much more!
• A written record of the dietary and lifestyle recommendations Denny made for you.
• Information about macrobiotic resources that are available such as educational programs, cooking classes, books, stores that sell macrobiotic specialty foods, etc.
4. How is a macrobiotic consultation different from a visit to my medical doctor?Since macrobiotic health counselors are not medical doctors they do not provide allopathic medical recommendations, testing, or treatment. Macrobiotic counselors provide dietary and lifestyle guidance based on the macrobiotic approach to health.
5. How do I schedule a consultation?Consultation appointments as well as fees, directions, and other logistical information can be obtained by calling Denny's office at 215.271.1858, or by clicking here to send him an email. Consultations provide the opportunity for you to receive personalized guidance in order to better understand and follow the macrobiotic approach to health in your own life. Denny Waxman has over thirty-five years of experience providing health consultations to individuals seeking to strengthen or improve their health through macrobiotics.
My ability to help people is based on mutual respect. Out of respect for my professional time and that of my clients I ask that you please honor your scheduled appointment time. If you absolutely must cancel or reschedule your appointment I ask that you do so at least five days in advance. If you must reschedule an appointment I will do my best to accommodate you. If you do not show up for a scheduled consultation or cancel within the five-day window you will be billed the cost of the session. I ask that you please respect this policy in order to maintain our positive professional relationship.
6. Where can I find the food and other items recommended by Denny during my consultation?Your personal health recommendations may include eating certain foods or using selected types of cookware or other items that sound unfamiliar. Start by going to your local health food store to see what it has in stock or what the store may be willing to special order for you. The Strengthening Health Institute's website has a resource list that includes a variety of places that carry macrobiotic food and supplies as well as education programs, newsletters and recipes.